Delonte West is an American former professional basketball player. As of 2021, Delonte west’s net worth is $1K Delonte West played in the NBA for the various teams in his career. Read this complete article to know about Delonte West Net Worth, Income, Salary, Wealth, Earnings and Facts.
What is the Net worth of Delonte West?
|Total Salary Received||$14 Million (During his Career)|
|Sources||Former NBA player|
|Profession||Former NBA player|
|Age as of June 2021||37 Years|
Delonte West Early Life and Childhood
Delonte west was born on July 26, 1983 in Washington DC. He holds American nationality and his belongs to white ethnicity. The Information about Delonte west parents and childhood is not avialable as he never share the same with the media. Delonte west is 37 years old as of 2021.
School and Education
Delonte west went to the Eleanor Roosevelt High School in Greenbelt, Maryland and then St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia. From childhood itself Delonte west is very fond of basketball and being a school student he started playing basketball and he also teamed with Eddie Basden. Before playing officially for NBA, Delonte played in St. Joseph’s University team.
Personal life and Relationships
Delonte west married during his teen age and ended his first marriage in 2010. He worked at furniture store during the 2011 NBA lockout and faced multiple financial difficulties. After remaining three years single he then married Caressa Madden in 2013 and Caressa Madden and Delonte have two kids (Sons) together.
Delonte described himself as Happy-poor children and also revealed that he abused drugs and spent years of his childhood in Children’s hospital.
Delonte West Net Worth in 2021
The net worth of Delonte west in 2021 is approx $1K. Delonte is a former NBA player and Delonte also earned a salary of $14 Million. Apart from this he earned huge money while he was a player for various teams in NBA and the sad part is instead of earning $14 Million in salaries, Delonte west lost all of his money in his divorce and attorney fees.
As per reports, Delonte West has to sell his cars, jewelry, and property during the NBA lockout. He also became a drug addict and faced many downfalls during his whole life.
Career and Professional Life
- As of 2021, Delonte west’s net worth is 1 Thousand dollars. After playing multiple matches in Saint Joseph’s University as college basketball he was then selected by the Boston Celtics as the 24th pick in the 2004 NBA draft.
- After playing dozens of matches for Boston Celtics and suffering multiple injuries Delonte was selected by Seattle SuperSonics on 28 June 2007 and then in 2008, he joined Cleveland Cavaliers.
- West was acquired by the Texas Legends in January 2013 and in October month of the same year, Delonte joined the Chinese Basketball Association namely, Fujian Xunxing under one year contract.
- In 2014, West signed one year contract with Shanghai Sharks and On March 12, 2015, West was reacquired by the Texas Legends.
- Delonte West was titled as Washington Post All-Met Basketball Player of the Year for his averages of 20.2 points, 6.5 rebounds, 3.9 assists, and 3.1 steals per match.
Financial Problems and Drug Abuse
- Delonte West earned millions of dollars in salary as an NBA player and he also earned money from various other sources and instead of earning $14 Million in salary he lost all of his fortunes in his divorce and payment of legal fees to the attorney.
- Delonte west never had a stable career and went through many downfalls during his professional career. As of 2021, the net worth of Delonte West is $1 Thousand. He sold his cars, all of his jewelry, and Property during the NBA lockout and got engaged in drugs. Moreover, Delonte West was photographed in Houston in a Hospital gown in 2006.
- A video of his also went viral in which West being beaten on a Washington, DC highway and as of now west is doing a job at Rehab center.
- Delonte West is 37 Years old as of June 2021.
- He has a net worth of $1 Thousand.
- Delonte is currently working in a rehab center alongside his mother.
- He abused drugs and stated himself as a happy poor child.
- During the NBA lockout, he sold his car and jewelry.
- West faced multiple downfalls in his life and lost all of his fortunes after paying the legal fees of his divorce.
- He earned a total of $14 Million salaries as a professional basketball player
- Delonte is considered an unlucky guy because of his downfalls.
- Delonte was photographed looking homeless and a poor man in August 2019.